- posted: Jul. 18, 2016
- Nursing Home Abuse,  Auto Accidents,  Dog Bites,  Slips and Falls,  Trips and Falls,  Bicycle Accidents,  Brain Injury,  Workplace Injury,  Accidental Injury,  Uncategorized
Some staggering statistics for motorcycle riders were released by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration this year (NHTSA).
“When motorcycles crash, their riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle, so they're more likely to be injured or killed,” states a report by IIHS. “The federal government estimates that per mile traveled in 2014, the number of deaths on motorcycles was over 27 times the number in cars.”
There are ways to avoid serious injuries from motorcycle accidents, but it is also good to be prepared for the worst. Additional insurance policies can further protect drivers and their passengers from the devastating financial losses accrued after accidents.
The Wisconsin DOT states that motor vehicle drivers are required to have a minimum of liability insurance, which covers damages and injuries to another person if you are the person at fault. You may want to consider adding a policy or two that covers the cost of damages to your own motorcycle or body.
Additional Insurance Policies
Esurance.com has a great list of policies to consider. The following policies will cover your own costs in the event of an accident.
- Medical Payments Coverage – pays for your injuries after a crash no matter who was at fault
- Collision Coverage – covers repairs to your own bike and replacing riding gear
- Total Loss Coverage – pays the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of your bike
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – in case another driver causes damage or injury to you but has inadequate insurance
For proper compensation, contact an attorney.
Experienced attorneys can also put your mind and checking account at ease. If you were injured by another driver with substantial damages, the lawyers at Sperling Law Offices in Milwaukee can assist. Call 414-273-7777 for a free consultation today.