Milwaukee Attorneys Pursue Justice for Victims of Drunk Drivers

Working to obtain financial compensation for criminal behavior

Each year, thousands of drivers and passengers are injured in crashes involving vehicles driven by intoxicated drivers. Though criminal penalties for operating while intoxicated, or OWI, are important in seeing justice served, they do not provide tangible relief for injured people or their loved ones. Reckless, dangerous behavior such as driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs violates Wisconsin statutes, but is also a serious breach of our most vital personal rights. As prosecutors handle the government’s case, Sperling Law Offices LLC seeks to restore justice to our clients by obtaining compensation for medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Litigating personal injury actions arising from OWI accidents

Civil litigation stemming from auto accidents caused by intoxicated drivers includes the same elements as other personal injury matters. However, Sperling Law attorneys have the background and experience to advocate skillfully on issues relating specifically to criminal drunk driving, such as:

  • Blood-alcohol content — A driver over the age of 21 in Wisconsin is considered legally intoxicated if his blood-alcohol content (BAC) is at least .08.
  • Special laws for young drivers — Drivers under the age of 21 are not permitted to have any alcohol or drugs in their system while driving.
  • Drug use — Even small traces of controlled substances such as marijuana, cocaine and methamphetamine classify someone as intoxicated under state law.

Though criminal and civil proceedings differ, we investigate the situation thoroughly to give you the best chance at obtaining a just outcome for the harm you’ve suffered because someone chose to drink and drive.

Contact a dedicated Milwaukee auto accident attorney at our office today

Sperling Law Offices LLC pursues compensation for OWI victims and their families throughout Wisconsin. To schedule a free consultation, call 414-273-7777 or contact us online. If you can’t travel, we will come to you.