Milwaukee Attorneys Assist Slip-and-Fall Victims
Fighting for fair compensation in tough premises liability cases
Falls are a leading cause of accidental injury and death. Yet, many people who suffer slip-and-fall accidents don’t know that they may be able to sue for full compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. For more than 35 years, Sperling Law Offices LLC in Milwaukee has helped Wisconsin residents who’ve suffered serious injuries. If you have been hurt in a fall, get help from our experienced injury lawyers.
Types of slip-and-fall accident cases we handle
You can rely on our smart, determined personal injury attorneys, who have experience in a wide variety of slip-and-fall accidents, including:
- Landlord negligence — We handle cases involving accidents on private property where a landlord’s negligence to maintain the premises caused injury.
- Falls at stores and commercial buildings — If you have been injured after falling in a store due to a business proprietor’s lax attention to safety, we can help.
- Parking lot injuries — If a proprietor’s failure to maintain their parking lots causes an accidental fall, turn to our firm for assistance.
- Nursing home falls — The well-being of your loved ones is important, and if negligent management creates unsafe conditions for residents, you can pursue damages.
- Construction sites — Contractors have a duty to make construction sites safe for passersby, employees, subcontractors and others who enter the site lawfully by invitation or right.
Whether you have tripped on uneven pavement, fallen on a slippery floor or otherwise gotten hurt on unsafe premises, our firm is prepared to help you.
Pinpointing liability in slippery conditions caused by ice and snow
Wisconsin winters create hazardous conditions on sidewalks, parking-lot surfaces and the property outside homes and businesses. Many falls occur due to these conditions, and if you’ve been injured in one, it’s important to document the relevant conditions as soon as possible. We can pursue a recovery against all responsible parties including owners, property managers and contractors responsible for maintenance.
Holding negligent parties responsible
Proving fault in premises liability cases is often difficult. While it is the responsibility of a property owner to reasonably maintain their facilities, you may not be able to prove that your accident was due to their actions. In order to win a claim, you must prove that:
- The owner or an employee caused the danger that led to an injury.
- The owner or an employee knew of the danger and did nothing to remedy it.
- The owner or an employee should have known of the danger because a “reasonable” person would have discovered and fixed it.
We fight for you because we know how a serious injury affects you and your family. Trust us to defend your right to compensation.
Wisconsin’s comparative negligence law can limit your recovery
In order for an accident victim to obtain compensation for a claim, there must be clear proof that someone else was negligent and mostly responsible for the harm. Defense attorneys, most of whom represent large insurance companies, will argue that a plaintiff was partly responsible due to carelessness. Wisconsin law limits compensation if the jury assigns some of the blame to the victim. Our attorneys are trial-tested. We know how to present a persuasive case to a jury, and we’re not intimidated by defense tactics. We’re determined to get a fair settlement or jury award.
Contact a capable and concerned slip-and-fall attorney in Milwaukee
Sperling Law Offices LLC represents injured parties in slip-and-fall cases throughout Wisconsin. For a free consultation, call 414-273-7777 or contact us online.