Big Rig Injuries
- posted: Jul. 06, 2016
- Nursing Home Abuse,  Auto Accidents,  Dog Bites,  Slips and Falls,  Trips and Falls,  Bicycle Accidents,  Brain Injury,  Workplace Injury,  Accidental Injury,  Uncategorized
We often hear about serious accidents involving semi-trucks, because clashes with big rigs cause big injuries. The strenuous work conditions for truck drivers trigger an assortment of injuries, both on and off the road. It’s no wonder the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that trucking has three times more injuries and illnesses and seven times more fatalities than any other workplace.
Common Causes of Trucking Injuries
- Groggy or distracted driving
- Vehicle or part malfunction
- Sitting for long periods interrupted by intervals of bending, lifting and stretching
- Carpal tunnel
- Slips, trips and falls while loading, unloading, or shifting product
- Objects falling on or crushing a person
- Vehicle crossing into truck’s lane or vice versa
- Large truck following too closely to vehicle ahead
Although many truck drivers experience work-related injuries, which should be covered under worker’s compensation, most injuries occur on the road. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there were over 437,700 accidents involving large trucks in 2014, and approximately 88,000 resulted in injuries. Over 3,700 of the accidents were fatal.
Whether you have suffered an injury from a motor vehicle accident or another mishap, contact your injury lawyers at Sperling Law Offices in Milwaukee after following these steps:
- Take photos of anything pertaining to and including the injuries
- Collect insurance information from all parties involved
- Get a medical examination
- Keep detailed notes about your injuries following the event
We understand that collisions with large trucks often create devastating circumstances. Truck drivers and their employers are bound by state and federal regulations in addition to the rules of the road. It is best to have an experienced and thorough attorney to sift through all of the information, so you can get your life back on track after an injury. Call 414-273-7777 to speak with one of our lawyers at Sperling Law Offices today.